October is Diaper Need Awareness Month
A lack of diapers poses a real problem for children and their families. It is a problem that is often overlooked- even though it is a basic need.
Did you know…
- 1 in 3 families lack access to clean diapers
- 2 million Texas children live in poverty- and we tend to overlook the critical hardship that affects those families: Diapers
- Babies use 6-12 diapers daily – a $125/month cost to families
Why donate diapers?
- A lack of diapers leads to maternal and family stress and depression
- Diapers help a family return to the workforce- helping to end the cycle of poverty
- Diapers allow children to attend school.
- Diapers provide healthy living options.
- Diapers let children enroll in daycare.
C’mon San Anton! It’s time for a change in diapering. Here is a great rainy day and EVERYDAY project for us!
Head to Target, HEB, Walmart, etc. and grab a package or two (or ten) of diapers and watch how a small compassionate action makes a HUGE impact in the life of a family in your city or neighborhood.
Here are TWO places to donate and TWO more ways to take action:
1. Volunteer at or donate to the Texas Diaper Bank
5415 Bandera Rd. #504
San Antonio, TX 7823 210.731.8118
Walk-in Hours: Mon-Thur 8am-5pm Fri-Sat 8am-12pm
2. Donate diapers to your closest local food pantry and/or clothing closet
3. Organize a monthly Diaper Drive in your congregation or organization
4. Give diapers to a neighbor or friend in need