- This event has passed.
Faith-Based Initiative Tech Day – Expert website and technology advice for congregations & nonprofits
July 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
We all want technology to work for us, not the other way around. Developing and maintaining a good web strategy takes knowledge, planning, and lots of time. If done well, your website is a never ending fount of information about your organization and how you serve your members and community. Do it poorly and your online reputation is immediately lost, only to be regained after years of wandering in the digital desert.
Furthermore, over the next few months, changes to Google Chrome browser will cause thousands of websites to be marked as UNSAFE. And to make it worse, the changes disproportionately affect small organizations that run their websites on small budgets.
To help you face this, The Faith-Based Initiative is bringing together Web and Technology experts from around San Antonio for a free 3-hour Tech Day for Congregations and Nonprofit agencies. The panelists will explain the looming changes and give you one on one advice about your website. Oh yeah, it is FREE.
Come hear presentations on:
- Website content management and design by Stefanie Young, CEO, Innov8 Place
- WordPress security by Isaac Castillo, CEO, Founder, Echo Design Solutions
- Simple, reliable, inexpensive website hosting options by Chris Turner, CEO, Turner Logic
There will be time for you to have one on one interactions with the presenters plus representatives from:
- SACRD.org – The San Antonio Congregation Resource Directory
- and other professionals working to meet the tech needs of organizations like yours
July 12, 9am – noon, Central Library Auditorium, 600 Soledad St.