- This event has passed.
For K-12 Teachers: Teaching Tolerance: Social Justice 101
May 11, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
This interactive introductory workshop to Teaching Tolerance helps teachers learn how to effectively implement anti-bias instruction in their classrooms. Participants will explore practical strategies for accomplishing academic and social-emotional goals side by side. They will discuss learning conditions that honor all identities and reflect diversity, equity and justice. After exploring ready-to-use materials, applying rigorous standards and planning ways to incorporate research-based teaching practices, participants will leave the workshop with ideas and tools for transforming their classrooms and schools.
Participants will learn to:
• Incorporate the Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards to create and sustain classroom and school environments that honor diversity, equity and justice;
• Speak up—and teach students to speak up—against bias and injustice;
• Build a collaborative and respectful learning community with a diverse group of learners and educators.
Who should attend:
• K-12 educators, administrators, counselors, curriculum specialists/coaches
• Pre-service K-12 educators