- This event has passed.
Participatory Budgeting Roundtable
July 10, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Come learn about San Antonio’s 1st PB Cycle which gave 160,000 residents the chance to propose projects, vet them in committees, and vote on them by residents as young as 12 years old. Join in to bring PB to 3 new Districts and City wide, which would make PB the largest civic exercise in the history of San Antonio, and the largest PB in the United States. The agenda for roundtable includes:
– 1st Cycle of District 9 by City Councilman John Courage and staff.
– Implementation of PB in 3 more Districts bringing PB to +500,000 residents.
– Software options facilitating high schools, universities, districts, and city wide PB process and vote.
– City and community leaders share best practices in participatory exercises and civic inclusion.
– Vote on name change to People’s Budget San Antonio.
Please share with your friends and neighbors and come learn about how we can bring back civic participation to our communities.