San Antonio Heatwave Continues!
Here are the Top 10 Ways you can show compassionate action:
- Remember those near and dear then ripple forward the intentional care.
- Open up air-conditioned spaces to protect against illness and death.
- Provide water for continual hydration no matter the activity level.
- Offer and encourage light, loose clothing with sunscreen in a pocket.
- Discourage caffeine and alcohol intake as these further dehydration.
- Limit outdoor plans during the heat of the day.
- Stay close to those at high risk — the elderly, infants, young children, and people who are ill.
- Always remove children and pets from parked vehicles.
- Donate and deliver box fans to fire stations. Click HERE for details.
- Watch local media for heat status updates.
We have over 500 Urgent Action Alert members and we want to make it to 1,000 by the end of summer. Please share this impactful system with your friends, family, and community!
OPT-IN by texting “Compassion” to 55000 and start receiving texts that help you make a tangible and deep impact city-wide!