Claritycon 2022 Summit on Children’s Mental Health
July 21 @ 8:00 am - July 22 @ 1:30 pm$250 – $300
Claritycon – a two-day, in-person summit on Children’s Mental Health – will feature 50+ renowned experts exploring internal and external factors that impact the emotional, psychological and social well-being of young people. Join country music singer/songwriter and mental health advocate Chase Bryant when he shares his searing, honest portrait of struggle and resilience after a failed suicide attempt.
Clarity Child Guidance Center provides professional education and CEUs at Claritycon, its annual children’s mental health summit with 50+ renowned experts. Clarity CGC is the only nonprofit in South Texas providing a continuum of mental health care for children ages 3-17 and their families, to manage mental health conditions ranging from ADHD and anxiety to suicidal ideation, bipolar disorder and/or schizophrenia. Clarity offers a stand-alone mental health hospital and specialized inpatient/outpatient treatment for children, with the region’s largest concentration of child and adolescent psychiatrists.
Claritycon is the annual summit for advocates of youth mental health, hosted and produced by Clarity Child Guidance Center. The 2022 conference will occur July 21 and 22 at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa, 9800 Hyatt Resort Drive, San Antonio. Hours for Thursday, July 21 are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; hours for Friday, July 22 are from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Created in 2013, this conference equips educators, therapists, physicians, social workers, childcare workers and community members with key facts, resources, and active steps to take to improve the mental health of children.
Attendees may gain up to 16 continuing education units (CEUS); breakfast and lunch are served both days with keynote speakers for all four meals. Cost for the two-day conference until May 1, 2022 is $250/pp. On May 2 and later, cost is $300/pp. More information is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-616-0300.
Presentations from the 50+ speakers are updated constantly on the Clarity website at www.claritycgc.org/annual-conference-claritycon/ and will explore numerous internal and external factors that impact the emotional, psychological and social well-being of young people. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Human Trafficking: Training for Healthcare Personnel and Support Staff
- Treating Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Underrepresented and Marginalized Communities
- Body Image and Self-Esteem Challenges in Youth
- Creating a Continuum of Care from Treatment to School
- Trauma Informed Care
- The Bully: The Perpetrator & The Victim
- Working with Immigrant Children and Families
- Youth Empowered by Sobriety
- Restoring Balance through the Pathway of Healing
- Supporting Self-awareness, Resilience, and Growth through Embodiment Practices
- Understanding the Predicting Brain and How it Supports Connection
- Children & Spirituality
- Justice System Options for Youth with Mental Health Conditions
- Utilization of Games in Therapy
- Personal Story of Redemption after Suicide Attempt
- Ways to Reimagine Grief
- Navigating Emotional Landscapes
“No segment of the population has been harder hit over the last few years than kids who are dealing with mental health issues,” says Jessica Knudsen, President and CEO of Clarity Child Guidance Center. “The U.S. Surgeon General says we have a ‘crisis in youth mental health’ in our country. That clearly points out the need for educators and healthcare professionals working with children to get as much training as possible—especially as the COVID pandemic has seriously intensified issues for children with emotional, developmental or behavioral disorders.”
The four renowned for keynote speakers for Claritycon 2022 include:
- Chase Bryant – Country Music star shares “his shot at redemption” after a suicide attempt
- Lisa Keefauver – host of top-rated podcast “Grief is a Sneaky B!tch” navigates ways to reimagine grief
- Will Parker – award-winning children’s songwriter offers tools to navigate emotional landscapes
- Robert Salcido Jr. – sought-after speaker/facilitator for underrepresented, marginalized communities